Russia fired missiles at Kiev after Ukraine drone attack
Kiev. Following drone attacks in Russian-occupied eastern Ukraine, Russia launched a major airstrike on the capital Kiev in the early hours of Sunday local time. Russia fired ballistic missiles at four places. At least five people were injured in this attack. A residential building was shaken by the attack. Dozens of people have taken shelter in an underground metro station in the center of Kiev.
According to the report of America’s CBS news channel, Timur Tkachenko, head of the military administration of Kiev city, wrote on Telegram, “There has been a massive ballistic missile attack on the capital. Five people have been injured in the attack. One of them has been hospitalized. At least four places have been reported to have attacked. There are fires in Shevchenkivsky, Dniprovsky and Podilsky districts. Residential buildings have been damaged. The ballistic missile The threat still remains.”
It is noteworthy that Ukrainian officials and the US Embassy had already warned of a major attack on the capital. Kiev officials say medical teams have been called to the Podilsky district. Debris has fallen at one place here. The attack also caused a fire near a residential building in Shevchenkivsky.
Russia’s Foreign Ministry had said on Friday that those responsible for this attack will definitely be given strict punishment. On Saturday, Ukrainian President Zelensky and the US Embassy in Kiev issued a warning about the threat of a major Russian airstrike. Zelensky had said that there were signs of preparations for a simultaneous attack in Kiev and elsewhere.
Comments are closed.