Attack on White House amid Iran talks… 25 rounds fired, President Trump was present in the complex at the time of the incident, died in retaliation

Washington: A person who opened fire on officials near the security check post of the White House, the official residence and office of the US President, has died in retaliation by security personnel. Federal officials gave this information. The US Secret Service said in a statement late Saturday that according to a preliminary investigation, the attacker approached a checkpoint shortly after 6 p.m. Eastern Time (ET), “pulled a weapon from his bag and began firing at officers.”

According to ‘Secret Service’ the officers returned fire in which the accused was injured. He said the accused was taken to an area hospital where he later died. A bystander was also shot, but a law enforcement official said it was not clear whether he was injured by the initial shots fired by the suspect or during the exchange of fire by officers.

The Secret Service said that none of its officers were injured during the incident and US President Donald Trump, who was present in the White House at the time of the incident, is safe. Journalists present at the White House on Saturday reported hearing multiple gunshots and were asked to go inside the press conference room. The Secret Service had earlier said on social media platform X that it was aware of “reports of shots fired near 17th Street and Pennsylvania Avenue NW.” This place is one block away from the ‘White House’.

The Metropolitan Police Department shared a post on X saying that Secret Service officers were at the scene and advised people to avoid the area. The location is near the spot where a gunman ambushed two West Virginia National Guard members last November.

Also read: Cyprus President’s visit to India ends: Both countries announced strategic partnership, focus remained on many important issues

Comments are closed.