Careful. A major accident took place on Thursday in Chandausi of Sambhal district when the roof of a cold store collapsed. Around 25 people are feared trapped under the debris of the roof. Police administration and fire brigade teams started relief and rescue operations. NDRF team also reached the spot.
The roof of AR Cold Store located on Islam Nagar Road in Chandausi suddenly collapsed on Thursday. At that time farmers had come and laborers were working to keep potatoes in the cold store. Around 25 people are feared trapped under the debris of the roof and piles of potatoes.
As soon as the information was received, the police administration and fire brigade teams reached the spot and started the relief work. After this accident, leakage of ammonia gas started in the cold store. Fire brigade personnel entered inside and stopped the leakage of ammonia gas. The incident enraged people and vandalized the cabin of the cold store. Debris is being removed with the help of eight JCBs on the spot.
Badaun officials and police force have also reached the spot. NDRF team has also been called on the spot. So far four people have been pulled out from the debris in critical condition. All have been admitted to the hospital in Chandausi.
Sambhal District Magistrate Manish Bansal and SP Chakresh Mishra are commanding the rescue operation on the spot.
Comments are closed.