Shani Jayanti 2021: Why it is Celebrated ? What Mantras you should Chant? How to get rid of Shani Dosh?
Shani Dev is called the giver of karma. Shani Dev gives fruits to everyone according to their deeds. However, people panic when they hear the name of Shani’s Sade Sati Mahadasha. According to astrology, when Shani is in an inauspicious position in the birth chart, one has to face troubles during the Sade Sati Mahadasha of Shani. At present, Saturn’s half-and-half is going on for the people of Capricorn, Aquarius and Sagittarius. It is believed that on the day of Shani Jayanti, people suffering from Shani’s Sade Sati Mahadasha get benefit by taking some special measures.
Why is Shani Jayanti celebrated?
It is believed that Shani Dev was born on the new moon day of Jyeshtha month. That is why Shani Jayanti is celebrated on this day. It is said that on this day, worshiping Shani Dev with a sincere heart and worshiping him gives auspicious results. Donating things related to Shani Dev on this day gives benefit in the Mahadasha of Shani.
When is Shani Jayanti?
This year Shani Jayanti is on Thursday, June 10. The special thing is that the first solar eclipse of the year is also taking place on this day. Apart from this, Vat Savitri fast will also be kept.
Taking these measures on Shani Jayanti will benefit-
1. Reciting Shani Chalisa on Shani Jayanti is believed to yield auspicious results.
2. Donating things related to Shani Dev like oil, black urad, black clothes, iron, black blanket is beneficial.
3. Shani Dev is pleased by worshiping Lord Shankar and Hanuman ji on the day of Shani Jayanti.
4. On the day of Shani Jayanti, to get rid of Shani Dosha, worship Shani Dev by taking bath early in the morning etc.
5. Taking mustard oil in a bowl, seeing your face in it, along with oil, donating that bowl to Shani temple or those who take Shani’s donation, it is beneficial.
6. Shani Mantras ॐ शं शनैश्चराय नम:। ॐ निलांजन समाभासम रविपुत्रम यमाग्रजंम। छायामार्तंड संभूतम तमः नमामि शनेश्चरम।. Chanting is also believed to give benefits.