The work of Parliament’s new building will start from January 15, Because of the auspicious moment, choose the next morning of Makar Sankranti
The construction of the new Parliament House in Delhi will start from January 15. This is because it is considered auspicious to do any work from the next morning after Makar Sankranti. This information has been revealed by quoting sources.
Earlier this week, a 14-member heritage panel approved the government’s ambitious plan. Sources said that the Central Public Works Department has asked Tata Projects Ltd to start the work of the new Parliament House from 15 January.
Tata Projects started work
As part of the redevelopment of the Central Vista, the corridor will be renovated from Rashtrapati Bhavan to India Gate, along with the creation of a new Tri-Parliament House, Prime Minister’s House, PMO, Vice-President’s House, a Common Central Secretariat. Tata Projects has started collecting machines and materials for this work.
Got permission from heritage panel
The Supreme Court had asked the Center to seek approval from the Heritage Panel and the officials associated with the case before starting construction here. On Monday, the Heritage Conservation Committee gave permission to start this project.
Accordingly, work on the Rajpath will begin soon after the Republic Day parade this year. It is expected to be completed in the next 10 months. It is expected that in 2022, the Republic Day parade will take place on the newly designed Rajpath.
Last month, PM Modi laid the foundation stone
Last month, Prime Minister Narendra Modi laid the foundation stone of the new Parliament House. It is estimated to cost about Rs 971 crore. The new building is expected to be ready by the 75th anniversary of the country’s independence. This building will be built opposite the old Parliament House. The existing Parliament House was built 94 years ago at a cost of Rs 83 lakh. There are plans to convert it into a museum.
The specialty of the new parliament
- Currently, Lok Sabha has a seating capacity of 590 people. The new Lok Sabha will have 888 seats and the visitors gallery will have seating for more than 336 people.
- The Rajya Sabha currently has a seating capacity of 280. There will be 384 seats in the new
- Rajya Sabha and more than 336 people will be able to sit in the visitors gallery.
- There will be so much space in the Lok Sabha that during the joint session of both houses, more than 1272 MPs will be able to sit in the Lok Sabha itself.
- There will be separate offices for every important function of the Parliament. Hitech office will be available for officers and employees.
- The café and dining area will also be hitech. Separate rooms of the committee meeting will be built with Hitech equipment.
- Common rooms, lounge for women and VIP lounge will also be arranged.