CCTV Captures Blast Family Was Illegally Manufacturing Bombs
CCTV footage of the massive roof explosion that took place on January 27 in the Sunderpada area of Bhubaneswar, the capital of Odisha, is going viral, which highlights the intensity of the blast. Of the four people seriously injured in this accident, two died during treatment, due to which there is an atmosphere of panic in the entire area.
It can be seen in the CCTV video that suddenly strong flames rise from behind the water tanks placed on the roof of a residential building. Within a few moments, thick smoke spreads towards the sky. The sound of the explosion was so loud that vibrations were felt in the nearby houses and frightened people came out of their homes.
According to the police, preliminary investigation has indicated that the blast occurred while handling explosive material on the roof. The four injured persons were first admitted to Capital Hospital, but were later shifted to a private hospital in view of their critical condition. A few days later, a woman and her son died during treatment.
Bhubaneswar Deputy Commissioner of Police (DCP) has identified Shahnawaz Malik as the main accused in the case. Investigating agencies are looking at this incident from the angle of illegal bomb manufacturing. According to initial facts, Shahnawaz Malik, along with his associate Amiya Malik, his mother and another person, was allegedly preparing explosive devices on the rooftop of the house.
Breaking News 🚨
History-sheeter Shahnawaz Malik, who was critically injured while making crude bomb with his family on his rooftop in Bhubaneswar’s Sundarpada on Jan 27, has died from burn injuries.
His mother, Lizatun Bibi, also succumbed to her wounds days later. Police… pic.twitter.com/05V6r5MQUw
— Megh Updates 🚨™ (@MeghUpdates) February 15, 2026
Gunpowder has been recovered from the spot, which has further strengthened the suspicion of bomb making. DCP Jagmohan Meena had earlier said, “The main injured person has a previous criminal record. It appears that they were planning some kind of criminal activity, possibly for which a bomb was being made. The four people were injured while making the explosives.” He also said that a search operation would be conducted to look for other explosives potentially stored.
Police have confirmed that there are several previous cases registered against Shahnawaz Malik. Considering the seriousness of the case, the National Investigation Agency (NIA) has taken over the investigation. A Special Investigation Team (SIT) was first formed by the local police, but later the central agency began a detailed investigation.
The CCTV footage is being closely analyzed by the authorities and forensic evidence is being collected to ascertain the exact cause of the blast and clarify whether there was any larger conspiracy behind it.
Security has been tightened in Sundarpada and surrounding areas as the investigation continues. Police and central agencies are thoroughly investigating every aspect, so that all the facts related to this incident can be brought to the fore.
Also read:
RPP wants return of monarchy in Nepal, also proposes Hindu Rashtra in its manifesto!
PM Modi will inaugurate AI Expo, pavilions from 13 countries will be included!
The glory of Ram temple crosses seven seas, grand Ramlila in Moscow on 20th February!
Comments are closed.