After the statement given on RSS, Rahul Gandhi had to come to Bhiwandi Magistrate Court; What is the matter?
Congress leader Rahul Gandhi on Saturday, February 21, appeared at the Bhiwandi Magistrate Court in Thane district to furnish a new surety in the defamation case filed by a Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh activist. The court had asked him to produce a new surety as his previous surety, former Union Home Minister Shivraj Patil, had died in December last year. Rahul Gandhi presented Maharashtra Pradesh Congress Committee chief Harshvardhan Sapkal as the new surety.
After the hearing, Rahul Gandhi’s lawyer Narayan Iyer said, “The person who had given surety had passed away, so it was necessary to give a new surety. Now Harshvardhan Sapkal has presented surety. The trial will proceed expeditiously as per the guidelines of the Supreme Court. The truth will come out soon; we have faith in the court.”
Rahul Gandhi has apologized for his statements several times before as per the court order. When asked if he would apologize this time too, his lawyer said, “There is no question of apology. We only had to grant bail, which we have done. The next hearing will be in March and we are following the judicial process.”
What is the matter?
During the 2014 Lok Sabha elections, Rahul Gandhi had said in a meeting that Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh had a hand in the assassination of Mahatma Gandhi. Sangh worker Rajesh Kunte filed a defamation case regarding this statement. They allege that this comment damaged the image of the organization. The cross-examination of witnesses in the case has been completed, and now the court will decide the further procedure in the next hearing.
Also read:
Conspiracy to target Red Fort, input on Lashkar’s terrorist plan
Full visa services for India restored in Bangladesh, India will also resume soon
Trump has options for targeted attack on Khamenei and his son
Comments are closed.