14 more tourist spots will open in Jammu and Kashmir, orders issued, see the complete list

Lieutenant Governor of Union Territory Jammu and Kashmir, Manoj Sinha has decided to open 14 tourist spots in the state. After the Pahalgam terror attack, a total of 50 tourist spots were closed, out of which 14 tourist spots are now being opened.

 

Manoj Sinha gave this information through a post on X. He said in his post, ‘After serious review and deliberations on security, I have ordered the reopening of some temporarily closed tourist spots in Kashmir and Jammu divisions.’ This decision will again boost tourism in Jammu and Kashmir.

 

Also read: Bhupen Bora, who was the President of Assam Congress, resigns, Gaurav Gogoi left alone?

Tourist spots are being opened

Of these 14 tourist spots to be reopened, 11 are from Kashmir and 3 from Jammu. Kokernag, Yusmarg, Dudhpathri, Dandipora Park in Kashmir, Peer Ki Gali, Dubhjan and Padpawan in Shopian, Astanpora, Tulip Garden, Thajwas Glacier in Srinagar, Hung Park in Ganderbal and Wular Lake and Watlab in Baramulla will be opened soon.

 

Manoj Sinha said that three other places in Kashmir are Gurez, Athatu and Bangas. Also, Ramkund in Ramban district of Jammu will be opened after the snow is removed. A large number of people used to come to visit these 14 tourist spots of Jammu and Kashmir. These places were closed for tourists on 22 April 2025. Since then it is believed that tourism in Jammu and Kashmir has been affected. The economy of the state largely depends on tourism. Tourism provides employment to hotels, transport and local businessmen which supports the expenses of their families.

 

Also read: Orchestra dancer gang raped on the pretext of dropping her home, 3 arrested

pahalgam attack

Let us tell you that last year there was a terrorist attack on a tourist spot in Pahalgam. 26 people were killed in this attack. Most of those who died were tourists. After this incident, many tourist spots were closed due to security reasons, which are now being reopened. Earlier on September 26 last year also, the Lieutenant Governor had ordered to open 12 tourist spots.

Comments are closed.