Rajpal Yadav speaks out after bail in Rs 9 crore cheque case

Rajpal Yadav speaks out after bail in Rs 9 crore cheque case

Bollywood actor Rajpal Yadav has spoken publicly after being granted bail in a long-running Rs 9 crore cheque bounce case linked to his 2010 production venture.

The case is connected to his directorial film Ata Pata Laapatafor which money was borrowed more than a decade ago.

What began as a financial dispute later turned into legal action, with the amount growing due to interest and penalties.

Speaking to YEARSthe 54-year-old actor avoided legal detail and pointed reporters to his lawyer. Instead, he reflected on his long career and the people who have supported him.

“If you want to get any legal information, you can ask our lawyer, Bhaskar Upadhyay. In general, I would like to say that it has been 30 years that I have been in Mumbai, Bollywood,” he said.

He added, “India’s every citizen – from children to the youth to the senior citizens, everyone has space in my heart, everyone has stood by me and also the whole country.”

The Shut up actor also thanked the court, saying: “Thank you, High Court. You have given me a chance to listen. Thank you so much.”

Earlier this month, the High Court noted delays in settling the matter. Yadav surrendered and was briefly sent back to jail before being granted bail after fresh hearings.

The actor said he will continue to cooperate with the court.

“If there is any accusation on me, then I am 100% available everywhere, at every corner,” he told reporters.

The court had directed him to appear in the next hearing, which is scheduled on March 18.

Comments are closed.