Pakistan’s air attack on Afghanistan, bombing in many parts of the country, tension increased

Kabul/Islamabad. Pakistan has claimed to have carried out air strikes on Afghanistan early on Sunday targeting several terrorist hideouts. On the other hand, it is being said in Afghanistan that Pakistan targeted common people by carrying out unnecessary bombings in many parts of the country.

According to the report of Pakistan’s Duniya News Channel, the Information Ministry issued a statement at midnight on Saturday saying that Pakistan targeted seven terrorist camps and hideouts in Afghanistan. According to the ministry, Afghan terrorists are involved in the attacks in Islamabad, Bajaur and Bannu.

Earlier, Afghan media said that explosions were heard on militants’ positions in Paktia and Nangarhar provinces. The structure of terrorists was completely destroyed in the blasts in Nangarhar and Murga Bazaar of Paktia. Pakistan’s war planes carried out air strikes in different areas. No information has been revealed about casualties. The blasts took place in Khogyani, Khel and Behsud districts of Nangarhar, destroying hideouts of terrorists.

According to The Afghanistan Times report, 23 members of a family were buried under the debris in a Pakistani airstrike in eastern Afghanistan. Four of them have come out safely so far. The rest are still missing. The attack took place around midnight on Saturday. Pakistan targeted three districts of Nangarhar province and two districts of Paktika province. In a viral video of the attack, a member of an affected family in Nangarhar province is seen searching for his relatives under the debris.

The Taliban has not yet commented on the situation in Paktika’s Barmal, Urgun districts and Nangarhar’s Behsud, Khogyani and Ghani Khel districts. Meanwhile, Pakistan’s Ministry of Information and Broadcasting said in a statement that the attacks were carried out in response to the recent suicide attacks in Pakistan.

At the same time, Afghanistan has taken seriously the air strikes carried out by Pakistan in the country. The Defense Ministry condemned Pakistan’s air attack and said that an appropriate response will be given to it. The National Defense Ministry of the Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan today said that the Pakistan Army has once again violated the country’s airspace by attacking in Nangarhar and Paktika provinces.

The Defense Ministry said in a statement that the attacks included a religious seminary and several civilian homes, Ariana News reported. Civilians, including women and children, died in the attacks. The ministry strongly condemned the airstrike and called it a clear violation of Afghanistan’s national sovereignty. It was also termed as a violation of international law, Islamic principles and rules of neighborly relations.

The statement reaffirmed that protecting the country’s sovereignty and its citizens is both a religious responsibility and a national duty of Afghanistan’s security forces. It warned that a thoughtful and appropriate response would be given at the appropriate time. The ministry said that attacks on common areas and religious institutions show the inefficiency of Pakistan’s intelligence and security departments. Such attacks cannot hide Islamabad’s internal shortcomings.

Comments are closed.