CENTCOM Claims: America returned 78 ships to Hormuz, leaving 4 not even fit for operation…
New Delhi. America has made a big claim regarding its maritime action against Iran in the Strait of Hormuz. The US Central Command, or CENTCOM, said on Saturday that so far 78 commercial ships have been turned back, while 4 ships have been “disabled” so that they cannot reach Iranian ports.
CENTCOM issued a statement on social media platform
In fact, America has implemented strict maritime surveillance and blockade against Iran in the Strait of Hormuz. This is the same strategic sea route from which oil and gas are supplied to large parts of the world. America alleges that Iran is using this route for its economic and military interests.
Iran will pay the price if it does not make a deal
On the other hand, US President Donald Trump has said that Iran does not have much option other than making a compromise. In an interview given to French channel BFMTV, Trump said, “If Iran does not make a deal, it will have to face very bad times.” However, he also admitted that it is not yet clear whether any agreement will be reached soon or not.
Xi Jinping wants Hormuz open, Trump claimed
Trump also earlier claimed that Chinese President Xi Jinping agreed that Iran should open the Strait of Hormuz. However, this claim has not been openly confirmed by China. China only said that this conflict “should not have happened” and it should end soon.
It is noteworthy that in late February, America and Israel had attacked Iran, after which Iran in retaliation targeted American bases in Israel and Gulf countries. After this the tension in the Strait of Hormuz increased significantly.
Although ceasefire was implemented in April with the mediation of Pakistan, a permanent agreement has still not been reached. Meanwhile, America has maintained surveillance and pressure on ships coming to and from Iranian ports.
Comments are closed.