Trump’s biggest and most sensational claim so far, ‘We have actually completely captured Iran’

US President Donald Trump is famous all over the world for his outspoken, aggressive and surprising statements. Amidst the ongoing tension in the Middle East and the ongoing secret peace talks between America and Iran, President Trump has made a sensational claim which has created a stir in international diplomacy. Donald Trump has openly said that America has actually completely occupied Iran. After his claim, murmurs have intensified from Gulf countries to the United Nations. Trump revealed a big secret to the journalists at Joint Base Andrews. This whole matter happened on Wednesday, when President Donald Trump had reached Joint Base Andrews located near Washington DC. When the journalists present there asked him why the ongoing peace talks with Tehran (Iran) were taking much longer than expected? Answering this question, Trump suddenly compared this entire incident with the historical American wars in Afghanistan and Vietnam in the past. Donald Trump said, "It has been only three months since I became the President and during most of this period there has been ceasefire between the two countries." Immediately after this, he took his point further and directly claimed, "The fact is that we have virtually completely occupied Iran."

‘I was just an hour away from attacking Iran, the army was fully prepared’ This shocking statement of Donald Trump has come at a time when news of indirect and direct backchannel communication between the two countries is continuously making headlines. Just a day before this, on Tuesday, Trump had made another big revelation while talking to the media at the White House. He had told that he was standing just an hour away from taking the final decision to launch a massive missile attack on Iran again, but after the intervention of mediators from Gulf countries at the last moment, he postponed this attack. Recalling that tense moment, Trump said, "I was about to decide to destroy Iran exactly an hour later. Our army and missiles were fully prepared… If that call had not come, there would have been fierce bombing on Iran at this time. We had reached the powder keg situation where I had made up my mind. Then suddenly a call came from mediators from Gulf countries. He knew very well that Trump was not going to stop now and he had taken the final decision."

Leaders of Gulf countries told Trump – ‘Sir, give us some more time’. The US President further said that the mediators had made a very emotional appeal to him over the phone. According to Trump, "He said to me on the phone – ‘Sir, can you give us a few more days? Because we are confident that this time Tehran (Iran) is adopting a very appropriate and positive attitude towards peace talks. After this I ordered my army to stop for now."

Donald Trump appreciated that within the last two-three days there has been significant and positive progress at the negotiating table with Iran. Giving credit for this entire diplomatic victory to teamwork, Trump said, "The negotiators have informed me over the phone that Iran is now on its knees and has made a lot of progress in the talks because we are continuously putting them under our pressure. In this entire mission, mainly Saudi Arabia, Qatar, UAE, Kuwait and to some extent Bahrain and other Gulf countries are working with us like a team and we all are trying to avert this crisis."

Comments are closed.