Vinesh Phogat: Vinesh Phogat’s big victory, Delhi High Court lifts the ban; will take part in Asian Games trials
Vinesh Phogat: Delhi High Court has given permission to wrestler Vinesh Phogat to participate in the selection trials for the 2026 Asian Games. The court also termed the selection policy of the Wrestling Federation of India (WFI) as exclusionary and said that it was not within its jurisdiction to consider a famous athlete like Vinesh who was returning from maternity break. The Wrestling Federation of India (WFI) had issued a show cause notice to Vinesh Phogat accusing her of indiscipline and violating anti-doping rules. The Federation had also banned him from participating in domestic matches till June 26, 2026.
Big decision of Delhi High Court
The bench of Chief Justice DK Upadhyay and Justice Tejas Karia had given this order on May 22, which was uploaded on the website on Saturday. The court made it clear that Vinesh Phogat will be able to participate in the trials to be held on May 30 and 31, 2026. The court also ordered that the selection trials be videographed by the WFI and that one independent supervisor each from the Sports Authority of India (SAI) and the Indian Olympic Association (IOA) be present.
The Court further held that the grounds given in the show-cause notice appear to be premeditated and re-raise closed issues, and therefore, in the interest of sport and justice, it is necessary to allow the Appellant to participate in the selection trials. In this 15-page notice, the Wrestling Federation of India made serious allegations against Vinesh. The federation said that his behavior has tarnished the national image and caused loss to Indian wrestling. In this, violations of the WFI Constitution, International Rules of United World Wrestling and anti-doping rules were mentioned. The federation sought clarification from Vinesh on four allegations. These include disqualification from the 2024 Paris Olympics due to weight-cutting failure, allegations of location failure under anti-doping rules, and competing in two different weight categories in the selection trials held in March 2024.
return from retirement
Vinesh Phogat is returning to wrestling after 18 months. She took retirement from sports in August last year and joined politics. However, he is ready to return to the arena once again. Paris Olympics proved to be a nightmare for Vinesh Phogat. Showing excellent wrestling skills, Vinesh secured her place in the finals of the women’s 50 kg category. However, hours before the final, she was found to be overweight and was disqualified, missing out on a medal.
The post Vinesh Phogat: Vinesh Phogat’s big victory, Delhi High Court lifts the ban; will take part in Asian Games trials appeared first on Latest.
Comments are closed.