Iran attacks cargo ship in Hormuz, 21 Indian sailors die, video released

About 12.2 percent of 'seafarers' worldwide are Indians. However, since the outbreak of war in the Middle East on February 28, ships in Hormuz, the world's energy artery, have been repeatedly attacked. A few days ago, Delhi reported that 16 Indian citizens had died in the six-month unrest. 10 of them are sailors. Now the Indian Seamen's Association has released a video from last April. Where it has been seen, due to the Iran-America war, the Indian sailors are in a terrible situation.

The video is from last 22 April. Iran's Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps attacked a Panamanian-flagged cargo ship in Hormuz. Video footage shows rocket-propelled grenades being fired at the cargo ship. The sailors were sheltering inside the ship to save their lives in a desperate situation. At that time, the Union Ministry of Shipping said that there were 21 Indian sailors on the ship. Although the ship was damaged in the attack, the Indian sailors are safe.

New Delhi summoned Iran's deputy ambassador over the death of an Indian last month. Such incidents send a strong message to Iran. Also, the central government issued special instructions to ship owners, ship managers and recruiting agencies in the context of renewed conflict in the region. A statement said that Indian sailors should not be employed on any ship passing through the Strait of Hormuz.

In a statement earlier this month, the shipping ministry said 3,972 Indian seafarers have been repatriated from the dangerous Gulf region. A control room was set up to ensure the safety of Indian sailors. The control room received 15,771 phone calls and 36,499 emails from sailors and their families. It has also been reported that 16 Indian citizens have died in the war in the Middle East so far. 10 of them are sailors. 10 lakhs has been given to the families of the deceased seafarers through the 'Seafarers Welfare Fund Society'.

Incidentally, since the beginning of the war, Delhi has tried to continue the supply of fuel by using the diplomatic process, and on the other hand, several steps have been taken to ensure the safety of Indian sailors. In addition to Iran, America, several countries in the Middle East, Foreign Minister Jaishankar repeatedly spoke on the phone with the heads of state, even Prime Minister Narendra Modi. According to the sources of the center, the process is continuing. The Indian government is keeping a close eye on the situation in Hormuz, the next steps of the US-Iran.

Leave a Comment