Boxer Zolani Tete Murder Mystery: A very horrifying incident was carried out in the Eastern Cape city of South Africa. Two-time world champion boxer Xolani Tete (38) was ambushed and murdered outside his house. The police have so far failed to arrest the killers. Authorities confirmed that the 38-year-old boxer died in an ambush in Mdantsane, Eastern Cape, at around 6:30 pm on Friday (August 21, 2026). Police said that Zolani Tete was on his way to his home. During this time he was waiting for the gate to open.
Meanwhile, two unknown armed suspects wearing masks came towards them. Actually, the killers came out of a car and opened fire on Tete and his 27-year-old girlfriend. Zolani Tete died after being badly injured by the bullet, while the condition of his girlfriend is critical and is undergoing treatment in the hospital. Police spokesperson Brigadier Nobuntu Gantana said he died of excessive bleeding from gunshot wounds and was declared dead at the scene. At the same time, his girlfriend was hit by several bullets and was immediately taken to a nearby hospital for treatment. He is still admitted in the hospital and his condition remains critical.
Who was Zolani Tete?
Boxer Xolani Tete was shot dead outside his home in the Eastern Cape of South Africa. Zolani Tete was a two-time world champion. In particular, he had the WBO Bantamweight belt. Nobuntu Gantana told that in an attempt to escape the hail of bullets, Nobuntu drove his car into the courtyard of the house. Still could not escape.
won big titles
Nobuntu primarily held the WBO bantamweight title from 2017 to 2019. He also holds the Guinness World Record for the fastest knockout in a title fight. In 2017, he knocked out Siboniso Gonya in just 11 seconds. Tate last fought in July 2022 in London, where he defeated Jason Cunningham by knockout to earn his 30th professional win in his 35 fights. It is a different matter that later it was declared 'no-contest' due to failing in the drug test.
Was banned for 4 years
A year later, he was banned for four years by the UK Anti-Doping Agency after he tested positive for stanozolol. His ban ended on 29 July this year and after his death, manager Mla Tangimfene confirmed that he was training for a comeback fight on 29 November. Similarly, Tete had not fought since 2022, but was training to make a comeback after the drug ban. He etched his name in history as one of the country's few two-weight world champions. From winning the IBF junior-bantamweight title in Japan in 2014 to capturing the WBO bantamweight crown, his accomplishments in the ring have inspired a generation of fighters.
Sports, Arts and Culture Minister Gaetan McKenzie said that South Africa has lost one of its best fighters. I have no words that can compensate for your loss. This country will honor your son's name, and in the coming days, I and my department will be ready to help you in every way.
The post 2-time world champion boxer was in the car with his beautiful girlfriend, a dreadful 'scandal' happened in 44 seconds appeared first on Tezzbuzz.