Big blow to Trump… Supreme Leader of Iran said – will not send the country’s uranium reserves abroad
Tehran. Iran has taken a big decision amid the ongoing heated dispute with America over Uranium. The country’s Supreme Leader Ayatollah Mojtaba Menei has issued instructions that Iran’s nearly weapons-grade enriched uranium stockpile will not be sent abroad, according to two senior Iranian sources. Due to this, Tehran’s stance on America’s main demand has become more tough. This decision is being considered a big blow for American President Donald Trump. The ongoing peace talks with Israel may now become more complicated.
Israeli officials said Trump had assured Israel that Iran’s highly enriched uranium reserves would be shipped out of the country and would be made a mandatory condition of any peace deal, Reuters reported. Iranian sources, who spoke on condition of anonymity, said this was a directive from the Supreme Leader and a consensus among power inner circles that enriched uranium should not leave the country. Officials believe that doing so would make Iran more vulnerable to future US-Israeli attacks.
Netanyahu’s strictness
On the other hand, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has clearly said that the war will not be considered over until Iran’s enriched uranium is removed, its proxy militia support is stopped and ballistic missile capability is not eliminated.
Iran does not trust
A shaky ceasefire is in place after the war that began with US-Israeli attacks on February 28. During this time, Iran fired on American bases in the Gulf states and the fighting with Hezbollah in Lebanon intensified. However, peace efforts have so far failed. Iranian sources said Tehran fears the ceasefire is just a strategic deception by Washington to prepare for new attacks. Iran’s top peace negotiator Mohammad Baqer Ghalibaf said on Wednesday that enemy activities indicate preparations for new attacks.
What did the US President say?
Trump said on Wednesday that America is ready for new attacks if Iran does not agree to a peace deal, although he also indicated to wait for a few days. The two sides have begun to reach agreement on some issues, but deep differences remain over the nuclear program, particularly over the future of enriched uranium and enrichment rights.
Iran’s stance is strict
Iranian officials have repeatedly said that their priority is a permanent solution to the war and a credible guarantee of no attacks from the US-Israel. Only after this will they be ready for detailed talks on the nuclear programme. Iran has long denied making a nuclear bomb. Before the war, Iran had agreed to send out half of its 60% enriched uranium reserves, but after Trump’s continuous threats, this stance changed, the result of which is now in front of everyone.
What are IAEA figures saying?
According to the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA), Iran had 440.9 kilograms of 60% enriched uranium at the time of the June 2025 attacks. The stockpile left after the attacks is mainly stored in the nuclear centers of Isfahan and Natanz. Iran, on the other hand, says it needs limited quantities of highly enriched uranium for medical and research reactors.
Comments are closed.