Victim’s Mother Rejects Minor Driver’s Father Apology, Demands Justice

Dwarka SUV Crash Case latest updates: 15 days after the tragic SUV accident in Dwarka, Delhi, the father of the accused minor passed away. sahil Apologized to his mother, but the mother refused to accept it, calling it a late step. In this accident that took place on February 3, a 17-year-old boy was making a video for social media while driving a speedy SUV, when the vehicle hit a bike and a taxi. 23-year-old Sahil died in this accident, while the taxi driver was seriously injured.

father of the accused Said that he was in Gorakhpur for work at the time of the accident and returned to Delhi as soon as he received the information. Calling his son’s mistake a ‘big mistake’, he apologized to the victim’s family and said that he will follow the law and the court’s decision.

What allegation did Sahil’s mother make?

Sahil’s mother, who is a single parent, alleged that till now the accused family was only trying to get bail for their son. No one even contacted him. He said that apologizing after 15 days is just a formality. We want justice. He claims that the family of the accused is financially strong, while he himself has to fight the case by collecting evidence.

What action did Delhi Police take?

Delhi Police has registered a case against the father under the Motor Vehicle Act for allowing a minor to drive. According to the police, the accused had initially described himself as 19 years old, but upon document verification, he was found to be a minor. Investigation of the matter is ongoing.

What happened so far in the tragic SUV accident in Dwarka, Delhi?

  • On February 3, 2026, in Dwarka, Delhi (Sector-11, near Lal Bahadur Shastri College), a speeding Mahindra Scorpio hit the bike (Yahima R15) of 23-year-old Sahil Dhaneshhra coming from the opposite direction. After the collision, the SUV went out of control and collided with a taxi (Swift Dezire) parked on the roadside.
  • Sahil Dhaneshra died on the spot. The taxi driver, Ajit Singh, was seriously injured. He is undergoing treatment in the hospital.
  • According to the post-mortem report, Sahil died due to severe head injury (cranio-cerebral trauma), fracture of skull and ribs and internal bleeding (haemorrhagic shock).
  • The driver driving the Scorpio turned out to be a 17-year-old minor. Police investigation revealed that he did not have a valid driving license.
  • The minor was taken into custody and produced before the Juvenile Justice Board (JJB) and was sent to a reform home. However, on February 10, he was granted interim bail on the basis of his Class 10 board examinations.
  • The police have registered a case against the accused’s father (who is a transport businessman) under Section 199A of the Motor Vehicles Act (allowing a minor to drive) and will be chargesheeted.
  • On the basis of Sahil’s mother Inna Maken and CCTV footage, it has been alleged that the minor and his sister were making social media reels while performing stunts. In the recent CCTV footage, the SUV has been seen moving at very high speed just before the accident. It has also come to light that there were already 13 challans pending on this particular SUV for overspeeding.
  • The minor’s father has publicly apologized, calling it a big mistake of his son and has promised to cooperate in the legal process. However, Sahil’s mother has refused to accept this apology and has demanded strict punishment.

Under which sections did Delhi Police register the case?

  • Section 281 (BNS): Driving recklessly on a public road (Rash Driving).
  • Section 106(1) (BNS): Causing Death by Negligence.
  • Section 125(a) (BNS): An act endangering the life or personal safety of others.
  • Section 199A of the Motor Vehicles Act (MV Act): This section is specifically imposed on the father of the accused (vehicle owner), which holds the guardian responsible for allowing a minor to drive.

What happened in the court proceedings?

  • On February 4, the Juvenile Justice Board (JJB) found that the accused minor had no remorse in his behavior and was unable to understand the importance of human life.
  • On February 10, JJB granted interim bail to the minor till March 9 on the basis of his class 10 board exams.
  • The accused’s lawyer claimed that it was ‘purely an accident’ and the minor is traumatized due to ‘academic stress’ and threats.
  • Police have clarified that the father’s name will be included as a co-accused in the main charge sheet.

Sahil’s mother, Inna Maken, has demanded that the accused minor be tried as an adult. He has appealed for strict punishment against ‘VIP culture’ and risking the lives of others for social media reels.

Comments are closed.