Manoj Bajpayee’s ‘Ghooskhor Pandat’ clears court hurdle after title row
Manoj Bajpayee’s upcoming film, Ghooskhor Pandashas finally cleared a major hurdle after the Supreme Court accepted filmmaker Neeraj Pandey’s decision to withdraw the original title.
The court had earlier expressed concern that the title could hurt certain communities and said freedom of expression doesn’t justify content that denigrates society.
On Thursday, a bench of Justices B V Nagarathna and Ujjal Bhuyan accepted the director’s affidavit, noting that the matter should now be settled completely.
As per PTIin his affidavit, the 52-year-old producer said, “I respectfully submit that the earlier title, Ghooskhor Pandat, stands unequivocally withdrawn and shall not be used in any manner whatsoever. Although the new title has not yet been finalised, I undertake that any title that may later be identified and adopted shall not be similar to, or evocative of, the earlier title.”
He continued, “While the new title has not yet been finalised, I undertake that any title that may hereafter be identified and adopted shall not be similar to, or evocative of, the earlier title in respect of which objections were raised, and shall accurately reflect the narrative.”
Furthermore, he added, the new title will clearly represent the story and avoid the issues that made the previous title controversial.
Notably, the upcoming drama is a crime film about a police officer who struggles with right and wrong, played by Manoj.
Comments are closed.