MP: How communal tension erupted in Jabalpur; Heavy police force deployed…objection on the sound of Aarti and then orgy

Jabalpur (Sihora). Sihora area of ​​Jabalpur district of Madhya Pradesh suddenly turned into a battlefield on Thursday night. When the devotees were engrossed in the Aarti of the Mother Goddess in the Durga temple located at Azad Chowk in Sihora, a minor dispute over the sound of the loudspeaker turned into communal violence. The miscreants pelted stones at the temple and vandalized it extensively, causing panic in the entire area. At present, heavy police force has been deployed in view of the situation.

Objection to the voice of Aarti and then orgy

The incident took place in Ward No. 5, Azad Chowk of Sihora. It is being told that Madina Mosque is situated right in front of Durga Temple. When Aarti was going on in the temple on Thursday night, some youths from the other party objected to the loudness of the speaker. The argument escalated so much that the angry youth tried to break the grill of the temple. Within no time, dozens of miscreants came down to the road with sticks and stones in their hands and started pelting stones.

Tension increased due to temple-mosque coming face to face

The main reason for the sensitivity of this area is that the temple and the mosque are located exactly opposite to each other. Due to the beginning of the month of Ramzan, vigilance was already being maintained in the area, but this clash further heated up the atmosphere. As soon as information about stone pelting was received, local people also took to the streets, leading to a violent confrontation between the two sides. The miscreants not only targeted the temple but also created an atmosphere of panic in the surrounding areas.

Sihora converted into police cantonment

As soon as the news of the uproar was received, IG, DIG, Collector and SP of Jabalpur range reached the spot with heavy police force. Top officials immediately took charge and chased away the miscreants. Jabalpur SP Sampat Upadhyay said that bricks and stones were thrown between the two groups, although there is no news of any major loss of life or serious injury. Taking prompt action, the police have so far detained more than 15 suspects.

Police is investigating CCTV, FIR will be filed against the culprits

The administration has made it clear that those who disturb the peace will not be spared. Police are scanning CCTV footage of the area to identify the miscreants. According to the SP, a case is being registered against the miscreants under strict sections. As a precautionary measure, flag march is being taken out across Sihora and people have been appealed to maintain peace. At present the situation is under control, but in view of the tension, police are deployed at every nook and corner.

Comments are closed.