Mrunal Thakur denies Dhanush wedding rumours, cites safety concerns

Actor Mrunal Thakur has publicly dismissed viral rumours linking her to a Valentine’s Day wedding with actor Dhanush, stating that the speculation escalated to such an extent that she had to hire a professional team for personal protection and reputation management. Addressing the issue in a recent interview, she described the episode as intrusive and said it crossed the line from harmless gossip to a privacy and safety concern.

The rumours, which circulated widely across social media and entertainment portals in the days leading up to February 14, 2026, claimed that Thakur and Dhanush were set to get married on Valentine’s Day. Neither actor confirmed the reports at any stage, and the date passed without any announcement or ceremony.

Actor responds after rumours spiral online

In her interaction with Hindustan Times, Thakur said she chose not to react immediately when the rumours first surfaced, as she initially treated them as typical celebrity gossip. However, she noted that the scale and intensity of the claims soon grew beyond control, with many online users presenting the unverified reports as confirmed facts.

She reacted with humour to the situation, saying that social media users were behaving as though the wedding was actually taking place “according to them”. Instead of confronting every post or video, she decided to downplay the claims publicly.

At the same time, she made it clear that the consequences were not entirely harmless. As the rumours spread, certain personal details — including her residential address — began circulating online, raising serious safety concerns.

Privacy breach led to security measures

Thakur revealed that she did not previously maintain a dedicated public relations or personal protection setup. The viral wedding speculation changed that. She said she was compelled to bring in a professional team to manage communications and ensure her safety once private information started appearing online.

According to her, the decision was driven purely by self-protection. She indicated that the online environment became uncomfortable enough to require structured intervention, rather than casual dismissal.

The episode highlights a growing challenge faced by film personalities, where unverified relationship or wedding rumours can quickly snowball into invasive behaviour, including doxxing and harassment. Industry observers note that celebrity gossip, when amplified by algorithm-driven platforms, can sometimes produce real-world risk.

Valentine’s Day claim proved false

The specific claim that Thakur and Dhanush would marry on February 14 gained traction through reposted messages, fan edits and entertainment gossip pages. No credible source or official family statement supported the claim.

Neither actor posted any wedding-related update on their verified social media handles. No ceremony photographs, venue details or guest confirmations emerged. As a result, the claim gradually lost credibility after the date passed quietly.

Thakur reiterated that she has no current marriage plans and believes that life decisions such as choosing a partner will happen at the right time, not according to online timelines.

Actor takes publicity with humour

While expressing concern about the breach of privacy, Thakur also addressed the publicity angle with sarcasm. She remarked that the volume of attention generated by the false wedding reports would be difficult to achieve even through expensive promotional campaigns.

In a light-hearted comment, she thanked those spreading the rumours for the unintended visibility, while underlining that the information itself was untrue. Her mixed response — humour combined with caution — reflects a strategy increasingly used by public figures to defuse viral misinformation without escalating confrontation.

Media analysts say such responses help control narrative temperature while still placing facts on record.

Focus shifts back to upcoming film

Amid the speculation around her personal life, Thakur has continued promoting her upcoming film Do Deewane Seher Mein, which is scheduled for release on February 20, 2026. She indicated that her primary focus remains on work commitments rather than online chatter.

Professionally, she has been balancing projects across Hindi and South Indian cinema, gaining recognition for varied roles in recent years. Trade watchers believe that increased visibility often brings parallel waves of rumours, especially when actors collaborate across industries or appear frequently in the public eye.

Growing concern over viral misinformation

The incident once again underscores how quickly celebrity wedding rumours can spread without verification. Entertainment industry bodies and digital safety advocates have repeatedly warned about the dangers of sharing personal data and unconfirmed claims.

For public figures, false relationship and wedding stories are common, but the addition of leaked personal details marks a more serious escalation. Experts recommend quicker platform moderation and stronger privacy safeguards when such cases arise.

With her clarification now on record, Thakur appears keen to close the chapter and redirect attention to her film work rather than speculation about her personal life.

Comments are closed.