Supaul. On Thursday evening, a joint team of the Health Department and the local administration raided the alleged illegal clinic running in front of a Hero showroom located in the market of Triveniganj Municipal Council area of the district. As soon as the team arrived under the leadership of Dr. Umesh Kumar, Deputy Superintendent of Triveniganj Sub-Divisional Hospital, the alleged quacks and compounders fled from the spot. The sudden action created chaos in the clinic.
During the raid the team inspected the clinic closely. During this period, patients were found being treated there. The team was also surprised for some time after seeing the condition of the clinic. Patients were being treated in makeshift rooms made of tin sheets. Along with interrogating the patients being treated, the team also collected many important evidences from the clinic.
During the investigation, the team got information that the clinic was allegedly being run by Shambhu Kumar. It was reported locally that the said clinic had been operating for a long time, where patients were being treated continuously.
Among the patients present in the clinic during the raid, 25-year-old Manisha Kumari, resident of Bhokraha of Kumarkhand police station area, along with her husband Ashish Kumar, had come for pregnancy treatment. 30-year-old Gulshan Khatoon, resident of Chhit Duwayahi Ward No. 19 of Pipra police station area, along with her husband Mohammad Jamal, were present there for the treatment of viral fever. Apart from this, Ranjan Devi, husband Vindeshwari Yadav, resident of Medhiya, Triveniganj also met in the clinic for the treatment of viral fever.
In this regard, Deputy Superintendent of Sub-Divisional Hospital, Dr. Umesh Kumar said that investigation is being done as part of the campaign against illegally operating clinics. A clinic located in the market was investigated on Thursday. Many evidences have been collected during the investigation and investigation is being done at all points. He said that if the allegations are found true in the investigation, then legal action will be taken against the concerned people as per rules.
After this action of the Health Department, questions have once again started being raised about the alleged illegal clinics and quacks operating in the area for a long time.