New Delhi. Iranian President Masoud Pezeshkian has supported a memorandum of agreement with America. He has described it as the best way to take the country out of the situation of 'no war, no peace'. In his statement to the government news agency IRNA on Sunday, President Pezeshkian said that there is not a single provision in this agreement that is equivalent to surrender. Pejeshkian further said that the Supreme Leader decides the policies, and we will follow the same path.
Read: Donald Trump's press secretary Caroline Levitt resigns, know how she reached such heights at the age of 28?
President Pezeshkian also linked this agreement to the country's economic situation. He said that in this deadlocked period of war, Iran is unable to attract foreign investment. Iran's economy has suffered major losses due to stringent sanctions and naval blockade amid the ongoing war with America and Israel. On the other hand, the new head of Iran's top security body has warned by adopting a tough stance. He said that if neighboring countries support US threats to impose more sanctions on Iran, Iran will retaliate.
Let us tell you that in this MoU signed by US President Donald Trump in June, a deadline of 60 days was set to end the war with Iran and reach an agreement on its nuclear program. Although this period ended last week, there is no sign of agreement yet on the issue of reopening Hormuz for global shipping. It has now been six months since the war between America and Iran started on February 28. But till now no agreement has been reached on this. In such a situation, the Iranian economy has suffered a lot.