New Delhi. A large number of people have gathered at Jantar Mantar in support of the 'Remove Reservation Movement' and the protesters are saying that they will remain there. The police had not given permission for the demonstration at Jantar Mantar, while the demonstration of a maximum of 500 people has been allowed at Ramlila Maidan. Despite this, the protesters are not ready to move away from Jantar Mantar. Heavy police force and barricading have been done at the spot and the situation is being constantly monitored.
Read: It took about seven and a half hours for Leader of Opposition Rahul Gandhi to register an FIR, Congress said – brought Amit Shah and Delhi Police to their knees.
There was intense political and social stir on the issue of reservation in Delhi on Friday. Security was beefed up at Jantar Mantar amid calls for 'Remove Reservation Movement', while Delhi Police allowed the protest at Ramlila Maidan. According to the NOC of the police, only a maximum of 500 people will be able to gather here till 4 pm.
In the information issued by the office of Deputy Commissioner of Police, Central District, it has been said that the police has no objection from law and order point of view regarding the peaceful demonstration taking place at Ramlila Maidan. However, the prescribed rules and crowd limits will have to be followed during the demonstration.
PUBLIC NOTICE
The office bearers of Reservation Hatao Andolan have been intimated through this official communication. All are requested to adhere to the lawful instructions and remain peaceful.@lokniwasdelhi#DPUpdates pic.twitter.com/Z5vqaLdH8i
Read :- Delhi Police finally bowed to Rahul Gandhi's insistence, FIR registered in pellet gun case, know who is named?
— Delhi Police (@DelhiPolice) August 21, 2026
People had reached Jantar Mantar early in the morning.
After receiving information about the protest, the police had already tightened security at Jantar Mantar. According to PTI report, some people reached here on Friday morning to protest, but the police removed them from there. According to officials, the demonstration was not allowed at Jantar Mantar.
Additional police force has been deployed in the area. Barricading has been done around Jantar Mantar and people coming and going are being monitored. The police have made it clear that no gathering will be allowed without permission.
Read :- Rahul Gandhi said – We have only one demand, register an FIR and tell us the name of the investigating officer who has been appointed.
Campaign started from Instagram page
The protest was called for by an Instagram page named 'Remove Reservation Movement' i.e. RHA. After a campaign on social media, an appeal was made to protest against reservation at Jantar Mantar on Friday. After this the police increased security in the area.
However, RHA has expressed objection to the change of protest venue. The organization claimed on X that the application for permission to demonstrate at Jantar Mantar was made about a month ago. According to RHA, at around 12 noon on the day of the protest, the venue was suddenly changed to Ramlila Maidan and the number of people participating in the protest was fixed at 500.
RHA questioned this decision, saying that not only the venue was changed, but the number of crowd attending the demonstration was limited. The organization alleged that in this way an attempt is being made to suppress its voice.
At present, demonstration is allowed with limited numbers in Ramlila Maidan, while the protesters present in the Remove Reservation Movement at Jantar Mantar are not taking any name from leaving, while the police monitoring and security arrangements remain tight.