‘America has control over the Strait of Hormuz’, Trump gave strict warning to Iran, said – will not allow uranium to be kept

New Delhi: Amidst the increasing tension in the Middle East, US President Donald Trump has made a big claim regarding Iran and the Strait of Hormuz, one of the world’s most important sea routes. Speaking to reporters in the Oval Office of the White House, Trump said that America now has ‘complete control’ over this strategic waterway. Donald Trump said that America wants to keep the Strait of Hormuz free and open under any circumstances. He said in clear words that no toll will be allowed to be imposed on ships passing through this sea route.

When asked about Iran’s proposal, Trump said, ‘We are considering it, but our blockade has been completely effective. We have complete control over the Strait of Hormuz. This is an international sea route and we want to keep it completely open. Trump also said that America’s security system is so strong that no one has been able to cross it. He described his strategy as an ‘iron wall’.

Why is the Strait of Hormuz important?

The Strait of Hormuz is counted among the world’s busiest and most sensitive sea routes. A large amount of crude oil originating from Gulf countries reaches different countries of the world through this route. Therefore, any kind of tension here can have a direct impact on the global market and oil prices. Iran’s IRGC Navy had recently claimed that 31 ships had passed through this sea route in the last 24 hours. After this, Trump’s statement became more discussed.

Strict stance regarding enriched uranium also

Donald Trump also took a tough stance on Iran’s nuclear program. He said that America will not allow Iran to retain large amounts of enriched uranium. Trump said, ‘When it comes under our control, it is possible that we will destroy it. We don’t need it, but we won’t let Iran keep it. We are talking and will see what happens next, but Iran should not have nuclear weapons.

America returned 20 Iranian sailors

Meanwhile, 20 Iranian sailors from the ship captured by America returned to Tehran on Thursday. These sailors reached their country via Islamabad. According to Iran’s government news agency IRNA, this became possible after diplomatic talks between many countries. This case was related to the ship which America had earlier taken under its control. According to reports, 20 Iranian and 11 Pakistani citizens were present on the ship. After the American action, these people were stranded in the maritime area around Singapore. Later, the process of their return was completed with the help of regional countries.

Comments are closed.