Trump declared Hormuz as America's part, shared the map

Washington, August 23, 2026: US President Donald Trump once again posted a map of the Strait of Hormuz on Sunday and declared it a new territory of America. The Strait of Hormuz is a vital sea route for the global supply of oil, natural gas and other commodities.

In a post on his Truth Social platform, he shared an image of a map showing important 'chokepoints'. Iran has kept it closed since the war started on February 28 and at that time it was identified as a new area of ​​interest for America.

'I will very soon declare Hormuz as American territory'

Trump had earlier posted the same picture on August 18. The US President first talked about declaring this sea area as a part of US territory on August 15. During a rally in New York, he said, “After decisively defeating Iran, I will very soon declare the Strait of Hormuz as US territory.” He added, “This is the truth.”

What does Iran have to say?

While Iran claims control over the Strait of Hormuz, Trump insists that America has complete control over this waterway. On Saturday, Iran said that the Strait of Hormuz will remain closed and will not be reopened until America fulfills its promises and improves its behavior.

Mohsen Rezaee, head of Iran's Supreme National Security Council, said on state television that, “Despite US claims, the Strait of Hormuz is closed and will not reopen unless the US improves its behavior.” He added, “This time, America will first have to fulfill its responsibilities.”

Rezaie said, “We call on all countries not to participate in the economic war waged by America.” He added, “Any country involved in imposing economic sanctions on America will be considered an enemy.”

Read more: Japan: Powerful earthquake of magnitude 5.9 hits Tokyo and eastern areas

Leave a Comment