Donald Trump's big ultimatum on Hormuz, threat of bombing to Oman

New Delhi: US President Donald Trump has given a strong warning to Oman. On Monday 17 August, he said that if Oman made any agreement with Iran regarding the Strait of Hormuz, the US would ‘bomb it heavily’. Trump’s statement has come at a time when Iran and Oman are in talks to create a new shipping system for this strategic sea route.

Trump’s anger over Oman’s interference

In a phone conversation with Fox News reporter Trey Yingst, Trump said that the 60-day memorandum of understanding signed in June is about to expire. Its objective was to start talks to stop war in West Asia. Trump got angry on the question of parallel talks between Iran and Oman on Hormuz.

He said, “If Oman comes in between, we will bomb them heavily.” Trump also said that Iran should now “white flag should be shown”. Said together, “I am in no hurry.”

Claim of economic pressure on Iran

Trump said that the US naval blockade is creating new economic pressure on Iran. According to him, Iranian leaders may appear tough in public, but internally “are getting ruined”.

He told the Iranians “good poker players” Told and said that the US mid-term elections to be held in November have nothing to do with this issue. On the use of weapons in West Asia, Trump said, “What we have used so far is very modest.”

Iran-Oman talks for Hormuz

In fact, Iran and Oman have been building a system for the safe movement of commercial ships through the Strait of Hormuz for the past weeks. After technical talks, both the countries have finalized a joint shipping route map.

These talks are part of the same June MoU in which Tehran and Muscat were given the responsibility of preparing a new navigation framework. The aim is to secure one of the world’s most important sea corridors.

What did Iran say?

Iran’s Foreign Ministry spokesman Ismail Baghai said the delay was due to the complexity of the matter and “Destructive efforts of people with bad intentions” Are. Baghai said, “The insecurity in Hormuz was imposed on us and the entire world because of America’s illegal military action.”

According to him, the aim of the talks is to create a system that ensures both the sovereignty of the two coastal countries and the safe movement of commercial ships. Now it remains to be seen whether Oman changes its stance after Trump’s threat or goes ahead with the deal with Iran.

Leave a Comment